Location: Probably now in the Dales Countryside Museum collection in Hawes.
Latitude: 54.305897 Longitude: -2.194483
NGR: SD 873 900
Inscription: J C & Co F
This stone was originally photographed in the Earby Mining Museum, but it is thought to have since been transferred to the Dales Countryside Museum collection in Hawes. It is a founder stone, and the Earby Mining Museum caption indicated that it was associated with a meer owned by the James Cockburn Company. According to the Brailsford 1781 survey, they held a lease on Simpson's Vein near Yarnbury. A James Cockburn (1742-1806) was living in Linton during this period.