Location: In the Groove Gill Rigg pasture about 230 m from the NW wall corner and 65 m south of the beck.
Latitude: 54.105141 Longitude: -1.935027
NGR: SE 04346 67699
Inscription: GEO FLETCHER & CO FOUNDER
This is a 40 cm high, beautifully carved founder stone dating from about 1791. George Fletcher had previously been the Duke of Devonshire's local mining agent, and this is one of three of his stones found in this area. See Meer Stone 17 and Meer Stone 52. Meer Stone 41 and Meer Stone 64 are also George Fletcher stones, but on a different lease.