Location: To the west of the track on some crushings, just south of Bycliffe Bottom Level.
Latitude: 54.105735 Longitude: -1.957432
NGR: SE 02881 67764
A 1 m stone lying on its back in some crushings. The edge of the stone looks as if it has fallen away, so it is likely that it used to read "S.BRAILSFORD". The stone is not fast, but it probably originally marked the south-west corner of the northern most 10 meer lease taken by Brailsford & Co. in 1774, which appears on the 1781 Brailsford survey. Samuel Brailsford (1717-1797) was a Land Agent from Ault Hucknall, Derbyshire who was one of the Commissioners responsible for overseeing the enclosures of Winster in 1763 and Ashover in 1779. His company held three large leases in the northern part of the moor in 1781, and he also had mining interests in his native Derbyshire.